CALL FOR PAPERS
The way in which scientific research is carried out is undergoing a series of radical changes as a result of the digital revolution. Researchers in all disciplines are increasingly adopting digital tools, techniques and practices in communities and projects that span multiple disciplines, laboratories, organizations, and national boundaries. The e-Science 2014 conference is designed to bring together leading international and interdisciplinary research communities, developers, and users of e-Science applications and enabling IT technologies. The conference aims to serve as a forum to present recent research advances in e-Science and highlight associated activities worldwide, providing an outlook of challenges and opportunities we will face in the future.
e-Science 2014 will follow the previous e-Science conferences in encouraging submissions that explore advances in the application of technology in particular disciplines, covering both data-oriented and compute-oriented approaches, as well as extreme scale approaches and applications. Major topics include, but are not limited to
- Arts, humanities (including Digital Humanities) and e-Social science
- Bioinformatics and e-Health
- Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Climate, Environmental & Earth Sciences
- Data science, data management and digital repositories
- Cyberinfrastructure to support eScience, including novel hardware, software and services
- eScience in the cloud
- Education and eScience practice
- Abstract submission deadline: 6 May 2014
- Paper Submission Deadline: 12 May 2014
- Notification of Acceptance: 7 July 2014
- Camera Ready Papers Due: 4 August 2014
- Conference Dates: 20-24 October 2014
The conference proceedings will be made available online through the IEEE Digital Library.
The proceedings of previous e-Science conferences are indexed by EI
Authors are invited to submit papers with unpublished, original work of not more than 10 pages of double column text using single spaced 10 point size on 8.5 x 11 inch pages, as per IEEE 8.5 x 11 manuscript guidelines. (Up to 2 additional pages may be purchased for US$150/page)
Templates are available from
Authors should submit a PDF file that will print on a postscript printer to
It is a requirement that at least one author of each accepted paper attend the conference.
For news, and updates, check (http://escience.ime.usp.br/events/ieee-escience-2014)