Postdoc position in computer science or bioinformatics with focus on Hadoop for large scale sequence analysis
at the Department of Information Technology
Application no later than 2012-10-15. UFV-PA 2012/2414
Background: The emerge of high-throughput technologies such as next-generation sequencing has turned life science into a data-intensive domain, which places high demands on an e-infrastructure in order to be analysed. UPPMAX (www.uppmax.uu.se) is UppsalaUniversity’s center for high performance storage and computations that via the project UPPNEX (www.uppnex.uu.se) offers resources for storage, computations, software and user support in bioinformatics and primarily sequence analysis. We are now seeking a Postdoc to evaluate how technologies like cloud computing and Hadoop can complement the current infrastructure and offer improved services in storage and analysis of bioscience data.Read More »Postdoc position in computer science or bioinformatics with focus on Hadoop for large scale sequence analysis
The 35th CERN School of Computing will be held at the Uppsala University, Sweden
from Monday 13th of August to Friday 24th August 2012
The CERN School of Computing 2011 is organised around 3 thematic themes, each theme comprising lectures and exercises.
- Do you know how to bridge Grids and Clouds using virtualization technology?
- Is it possible to simplify LHC physics analysis using virtual machine?
- How can reliable storage services be built from unreliable hardware?
- Why are tapes still used in high energy physics data storage?
- How can I write code for tomorrow’s hardware, today?
- Do you want to see your software with attacker’s eyes?
- Can you hack your own code?
- Do you know what do ‘code injection’ and ‘integer overflow’ have in common?
- What’s so special about High Energy Physic’s data format?
- What are the key statistical methods used in physics data analysis?
All the answers at CSC2012Read More »Uppsala: Registration to CSC2012 – This summer in Uppsala