- This event has passed.
11th IEEE International Conference on e-Science
August 31, 2015 - September 4, 2015
Munich, Germany, August 31 – September 04, 2015
The ways scientific research is conducted and its results are taken up are undergoing radical changes as a result of the digital revolution. Researchers in all disciplines are increasingly adopting digital tools, techniques and practices in communities and projects that span multiple disciplines, laboratories, organizations, and national boundaries. The e-Science 2015 conference is designed to bring together leading international and interdisciplinary research communities, developers, and users of e-Science applications and enabling IT technologies. The conference aims to serve as a forum to present recent research advances in e-Science and highlight associated activities worldwide, providing an outlook of challenges and opportunities we will face in the future.
e-Science 2015 will follow the previous e-Science conferences in encouraging submissions that explore advances in the application of technology in particular disciplines, covering both data-oriented and compute-oriented approaches, as well as extreme scale approaches and applications.
Major topics include, but are not limited to
- New ways to engage and collaborate with external stakeholders, e.g.:
- Scientists from other disciplines
- Stimulating startups and industrial collaboration
- Citizen scientists
- General public
- Addressing the challenge of anti-science
- Progress in thematic areas, e.g.:
- Arts, humanities (including Digital Humanities) and e-Social science
- Bioinformatics and e-Health
- Climate, Environmental & Earth Sciences
- Cyberinfrastructure to support e-Science, including novel hardware, software and services
- Data science, data management and digital repositories
- e-Science in the cloud
- Education and e-Science practice
- Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Sustainability and service management issues, e.g.:
- Quality of Service in collaborative environments
- Quality aspects of e-Science tools
- Security and trust (including migration of services from organisation to another)
- Long-term sustainability (20 – 50 year perspective)
- Abstract submission deadline: 22 March 2015
- Paper Submission Deadline: 29 March 2015
- Notification of Acceptance: 29 May 2015
- Camera Ready Papers due: 21 June 2015
- Conference Dates: 31 August – 04 September 2015
The conference proceedings are planned to be made available online through the IEEE Digital Library.
Authors are invited to submit papers with unpublished, original work of not more than 10 pages of double column text using single spaced 10 point size on 8.5 x 11 inch pages, as per IEEE 8.5 x 11 manuscript guidelines. Templates are available from http://www.ieee.org/publications_standards/publications/authors/author_templates.html. Authors should submit a PDF file that will print on a postscript printer to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ieeeescience2015.
It is a requirement that at least one author of each accepted paper attend the conference.