Research areas within the program:
- Magnetic properties of transition and rare-earth metals in bulk, multilayer, surface and cluster geometries.
- Magnetism of novel superconductors, complex oxides and dilute magnetic semiconductors.
- Stability materials in their different phases, by investigating their lattice dynamics.
- Models which aim to accurately evaluate the free energy as a function of temperature.
- Same approach in order to predict superconducting transition temperatures.
- Electronic transport through nano-sized systems, including molecules for new applications in the field of sensing and switching.
- Theoretical methods to determine the electric current through these systems, for a given bias voltage.
- Number of methods and tools which we use to address different problems.