- This event has passed.
2013 IEEE 9th International Conference on e-Science, 23-25, October, 2013, Beijing, China
23 October, 2013 - 25 October, 2013
The way in which scientific research is carried out is undergoing a series of radical changes as a result of the digital revolution. Researchers in all disciplines are increasingly adopting digital tools, techniques and practices in communities and projects that span multiple disciplines, laboratories, organizations, and national boundaries.
The e-Science 2013 conference is designed to bring together leading international and interdisciplinary research communities, developers, and users of e-Science applications and enabling IT technologies. The conference aims to serve as a forum to present resent research advances in e-Science and highlight associated activities worldwide, providing an outlook of challenges and opportunities we will face in the next decade.
e-Science 2013 will emphasize on advances in the application of digital technologies into certain disciplines. We also welcome advances that involve computing-oriented, data-oriented, and extreme scale approaches and applications. Cloud computing as a new computing paradigm also imposes many technical, cultural and business challenges into the e-Research, we expect contributions towards them as well.
The conference will be structured, but not limited, to the following themes
- Arts, humanities and e-Social science
- Bioinformatics and Health
- Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Climate, Environmental & Earth Sciences
- Data science, data management and digital repositories
- Tools, technologies and cyber-infrastructures
- Cloud computing in e-Science
- Supercomputing and high-performance computing
- Education and e-Science practice