PRACE 10th Call for Proposals for Project Access including Multi-year, and Programmatic Access is Open
- Opening date: 10 September 2014
- Closing date: 22 October 2014, 12:00 (noon) CEST
- Response of applicants to reviews: 15– 21 January 2015
- Anticipated allocation decisions: last week of February 2015
- Allocation start date of awarded proposals: 10 March 2015
- Allocation end date of award: 9 March 2016
- Type of access: Project Access, Multi-Year Project Access, Programmatic
PRACE HPC systems available:
- “Curie”, Bull Bullx cluster (GENCI@CEA, France)
- “Fermi”, IBM Blue Gene/Q (CINECA, Italy)
- “Hornet” – Cray XC30 (GCS@HLRS, Germany)
- “MareNostrum”, IBM System X iDataplex (BSC, Spain)
- “SuperMUC”, IBM System X iDataplex (GCS@LRZ, Germany)
The mission of PRACE is to enable high impact scientific discovery and engineering research and development across all disciplines to enhance European competitiveness for the benefit of society. PRACE seeks to realize this mission by offering world class computing and data management resources and services through a peer review process.
Scientists and researchers from around the world can apply for access to PRACE resources.
Industrial users can apply if they have their head offices or substantial R&D activity in Europe.
Proposals can be based on a 12-months schedule, or, for Multi-year Projects, on a 24- or 36-months schedule. The allocation of awarded resources is made for 1 year at a time with provisional allocations awarded for the 2nd and 3rd year.
Additionally, the Call:
- includes a pilot test case for Programmatic Access for 12-months
allocations schedule only.
- reserves 0.5% of the total resources available for this call for Centres of Excellence (CoE) as selected by the EC under the E-INFRA-5-2015 call for proposals.
The PRACE Access Committee, composed of leading European scientists and engineers, ranks the project proposals that will be awarded access to PRACE resources.
For more information and application forms see:
If you need some extra information please feel free to contact PRACE directly via firstname.lastname@example.org
The following people at SNIC centers:
- PDC – Lilit Axner email@example.com
- NSC – Chandan Basu firstname.lastname@example.org, Soon-Heum “Jeff” Ko
- HPC2N – Mikael Rännar email@example.com, Jerry Eriksson firstname.lastname@example.org