- This event has passed.
7th IEEE International Conference on e-Science
5 December, 2011 @ 08:00 - 8 December, 2011 @ 17:00
The seventh IEEE e–Science conference,
sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society´s Technical Committee for Scalable Computing (TCSC),
will be held in Stockholm, Sweden
from 5th – 8th December 2011.
Scientific research is increasingly carried out by communities of researchers that span disciplines, laboratories, organizations, and national boundaries. The e–Science 2011 conference is designed to bring together leading international and interdisciplinary research communities, developers, and users of e–Science applications and enabling IT technologies. The conference serves as a forum to present the results of the latest research and product/tool developments and to highlight related activities from around the world.
A special emphasis of the 2011 conference is on advances in the application of technology in a particular discipline. Accordingly, significant advances in science and technology will be considered as important as the development of new technologies themselves. Further, we welcome contributions in educational activities under any of these disciplines.
- Arts, Humanities and e-Social Science
- Bioinformatics and Health
- Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Climate & Earth Sciences
- Data Management and digital repositories
- Research Tools, Workflow and systems, novel infrastructure
- Education and e-Science practice
The proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer Society Press, USA and will be made available online through the IEEE Digital Library.
- Tony Hey : Corporate Vice President of Microsoft Research Connections
- Peter Coveney : Department of Chemistry, University College London
- Yannis Ioannidis : Informatics and Telecommunications at the University of Athens (NKUA)
- Pär Strand : Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden
The e-Science 2011 conference from 5-8 December, will take place at the Stockholm City Conference Centre/Norra Latin located in the central part of Stockholm, one of Scandinavia’s largest conference and convention venues, with a unique city centre location at Drottninggatan 71B.
Call for papers
Authors are invited to submit papers with unpublished, original work of not more than 8 pages of double column text using single spaced 10 point size on 8.5 x 11 inch pages, as per IEEE 8.5 x 11 manuscript guidelines.
See Submission for details.
- Workshop Proposals due: May 1st, 2011
- Full papers Due: Friday June 24th, 2011
- Notification of Acceptance: August 17th, 2011
- Camera-ready Papers Due:
- Registration: Opens June 20th, 2011
Detailed information on the conference web page http://www.escience2011.org/